Notice of Preparation of Amendment - Amendment C198
Planning and Environment Act 1987
MELTON PLANNING SCHEME
Notice of Preparation of Amendment
The Melton City Council has prepared Amendment C198 to the Melton Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the amendment is:
- Brooklyn Road, Melton South (on the railway reserve, part of 2-98 Staughton Street)
- 325 Clarkes Road, Brookfield
- 2-6 Sherwin Court, 2 Killarney Drive, 2a Sherwin Court, Melton
- 430-458 Exford Road, Weir Views
- 398-428 Exford Road, Weir Views
- 660A Beattys Road, Grangefields
- Beattys Road, crossing of Kororoit Creek, Aintree
- 687 Hopkins Road, Truganina
The amendment proposes to implement the findings of the City of Melton Heritage Assessments Project 2018 by adding nine places to the Schedule to the Heritage Overlay and the associated Heritage Overlay mapping.
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Melton City Council, 232 High Street, Melton;
- during office hours at Caroline Springs Civic Centre / Library, 193-201 Caroline Springs Boulevard, Caroline Springs; or
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection.
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions. The closing date for submissions is Monday 13 April 2020. A submission must be sent to:
The Manager of City Design, Strategy and Environment
Melton City Council
PO Box 21
Melton VIC 3337
or via email: email@example.com.
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER