Melton Central Community Centre
The Melton Central Community Centre will be redeveloped to better cater for the rapidly growing needs of the suburb of Melton.
The delivery of this project will involve the demolition of the existing building and preparation of the site for construction of the new building. This Centre will house Djerriwarrh Community and Education Services (DjCES) and will provide a range of new community services to the broader Melton municipality.
The facility will include:
- Eight multipurpose, AV-equipped programmable spaces
- Standard kitchen space large enough for small cooking demonstrations and classes and for use by community space hirers
- Open plan office space to accommodate up to 20 staff. These would accomodate DjCES staff, service provider staff and other visiting service and program staff
- Six interview rooms for the provision of direct client services
- Staff collaboration space to promote inter-service collaboration
- Foyer and lounge space for community and students to relax and mingle
- Interfaith space for reflection and prayer
- Outdoor space to socialise, reflect or garden.
This project is jointly funded by the Victorian Government's Growing Suburb Fund and Melton City Council.
237 Station road, Melton 3337 View Map