Exford Road road reconstruction
- Project typeRoad works
- Project value$1,150,000
Exford Road, between Eynesbury Road and the bridge at Werribee River, will undergo road reconstructions as part of our Road Sealing program.
Works commenced on 5 June.
The works will include:
- Reconstruction of the road pavement
- Installation of new safety railings
- Installation of new line marking, including audio tactile edge markings
- Re-construction of affected crossovers at driveways.
Construction will consist of four stages.
- COMPLETED- Stage 1: Five night works with full road closure from 8pm – 5am.
- Stage 2: Works commenced on 14 June and are scheduled to be completed by 1 July. Please note works will occur between 6.00am and 6.00pm and single lane traffic management will occur around the clock.
- Stage 3: Occurring Sunday 3 July, Monday 4 July and Tuesday 5 July. These are three night works involving a full road closure from 8pm – 5am.
- Stage 4: One single lane traffic management arrangement from 6.00am – 6.00pm. Details for line-marking are yet to be confirmed.
The number of days above is estimated and pending weather. It is expected that works will be finalised by Friday 8 July.
All road users will be directed to detour during night road closures and Heavy Vehicle Detour will be in place for the duration of the works. Please refer to the detour map.(PDF, 894KB)
There will be digital messaging board installed on-site prior, informing road users of the commencement date. Native vegetation exclusion zones and tree protection measures will be established and maintained for the duration of the works.
The completed project will provide a number of benefits to the community.
- Reconstruction of the pavement will address the existing poor condition and ongoing deterioration of the surface providing improved safety for road users
- New road safety barriers in accordance with current safety standards will ensure a continuance of road safety
- New line marking including audio tactile edge lane markings (rumble strips) will assist in countering road run-off accidents
- Improved road shoulder treatments will provide vehicles travelling along the road a safer area to pull over in an emergency.
Access to driveways and properties located on this section of Exford Road will be maintained. Emergency vehicles will always be given escorted access through the works. Works will be programmed to minimise impacts for road users; however, we acknowledge there will be inconvenience to road users during construction.
If you have any concerns or queries, please contact Council’s Project Officer on 0418 362 660
Greater Western Water works
Greater Western Water will be undertaking separate sewer and water main utility works, in late May.
Council will work with Greater Western Water, who is working between Exford Primary and Eynesbury Road, and schedule works in early June to minimise disruptions. Upon Council finalising road works, Greater Western Water will continue works towards Werribee Bridge.
Please refer to Greater Western Water for further details via their website or contact Dean on 0407 124 228.
Download the detailed map.(PDF, 258KB)
Exford road, Exford 3338 View Map