- During 2015 - 2016, the City of Melton had the fourth fastest (4.4 per cent) and the fourth largest (5,816) growth in Victoria.
- Between 2007 and 2016, the estimated residential population of the City increased from 86,196 to 138,641 (52,445) or by 61 per cent.
- Population projections indicate that the City's population will be more than 347,700 by 2041, making it almost the size of the Canberra today.
To provide a snapshot of the municipality’s strong population growth, the Monthly Growth Indicators have been developed across a number of areas, which also clearly demonstrate the sustained population growth in the City of Melton. The selected City of Melton Monthly Growth Indicators are:
- Residential Lots Released
- Statement of Compliance Issued
- Occupancy Permits Issued
- New Kerbside Collections and
- Birth Notifications.
The primary objective of the City of Melton Monthly Growth Indicators is to provide snapshot growth information that meets the needs of Council and stakeholders. In meeting this objective Council will have:
- up-to-date information to support strategic decision making
- communities will have up to date information about the growth in the municipality
- key stakeholders will be better informed to make decisions that ensure the rapid municipal growth is considered.