Hard waste disposal choice in the City of Melton
Hard waste services available within the municipality
Items that can and can not be collected
Melton Recycling Facility Melton City Council provides residents with a range of hard waste disposal choices that include:
Vouchers for hard waste disposal
- Vouchers are sent out with the first rates notice of the year (August / September)
- You can use your voucher either as two free tipping vouchers to the Melton Recycling Facility or one free hard waste service
Two free tipping vouchers to the Melton Recycling Facility
- Vouchers allow two free visits from a car with a single axle trailer or a car boot, or one free visit with a double axle trailer. Trailers must only be filled to the same level as the side of the trailer (water-level)
- Please look at the map of the Melton Recycling Facility as you will need to drop off any recyclables in a specific order. This will make it easier if you load your trailer in this order
- You must bring your original first rates notice with you (the one you receive in August / September) and it will be hole punched. If you are renting a property please contact the Landlord or Managing Agent.
One free "At Call" Hard Waste Service
Your first original rates notice will need to be available on the collection day so we can validate your hard waste voucher. You can put it in your unlocked letterbox.
Tenants can use the Melton "At Call" Hard Waste Service by obtaining the first original rates notice from their landlord. If your landlord fails to provide the rates notice you will need to visit one of the City's Civic Centres (at Melton High Street or Caroline Springs Library) and provide proof of residency. Proof of residency is a copy of your rental agreement, a current bill (e.g. water, electricity) or other similar documents. Once this has occurred, a hard waste voucher will be sent to you and the service will be booked.