Street sweeping and cleaning
Streets in the City of Melton are cleaned by a motorised street sweeper. It is well-recognised that tidy streets and neigbourhoods promote a sense of community, safety and amenity. Frequency of service depends upon the location and amount of pedestrians and traffic.
What do street sweepers do?
Street sweepers remove litter and leaves that collect in gutters. This prevents blockages of storm water facilities leading to waterways. The service also removes other hazardous waste products that can harm wildlife.
Before requesting street sweeping, please check the following service schedule. Some areas are the responsibility of VicRoads and not Council.
Major shopping precincts
Daily - Monday to Sunday:
Melton Shopping and Business District
Caroline Springs Town Centre
Other shopping centres
Two to three times per week.
Once every two weeks (except roads maintained by VicRoads; see below).
Off-road car parks
Once every two weeks.
Once every eight weeks
Once every eight weeks
1 July to 28 February – once every six weeks
1 March to 30 June – once every four weeks
When is my street due to be swept next?
Roads that are the responsibility of VicRoads
- High Street Melton - Little Blind Creek to Melton Highway (all service roads adjacent to this section of High Street are the responsibility of Council)
- High Street West - Coburns Road to Harkness Road (this section of road is designated as a future Declared Main Road with all maintenance responsibilities to be Vic Roads)
- Coburns Road - High Street to southern on/off ramps of interchange at Western Freeway
- Western Freeway - Deep Creek Cutting to Deer Park Bypass
- Western Highway - Deer Park Bypass to Robinsons Road
- Christies Road - Western Highway to Deer Park Bypass
- Leakes Road Interchange with Western Freeway - Northern On/Off Ramps Rockbank to Ian Cowie Way, Rockbank
- Bulmans / Clarkes Road Overpass - High Street West, Melton West to Botanica Springs Boulevard, Brookfield
- Hopkins Road - Boundary Road, Truganina to Neale Road, Rockbank
- Melton Highway - Calder Park Drive, Hillside to High Street, Melton
- Federation Drive - Melton Highway to Gisborne-Melton Road
- Diggers Rest-Coimadai Road - Plumpton Road, Diggers Rest to Djerriwarrh Creek, Toolern Vale
- Vineyard Road - Diggers Rest-Coimadai Road / Plumpton Road roundabout
- Gisborne-Melton Road - Centenary Avenue to the municipal border with Macedon Ranges
Feel free to contact us on 03 9747 7200, if you become aware of Council areas of responsibility needing attention. For other areas, please contact VicRoads (tel 13 11 70).