No need to wait for an annual collection! The City of Melton provides homeowners and tenants with several at-call hard waste disposal options.
- You may either have one free hard waste collection from your property, or one to two* free drop-off visits to the Melton Recycling Facility (MRF).
- Free drop-off is available to anyone, 7 days a week, of resaleable items at the Melton Resale Shop (co-located with the MRF). Goods are then sold on to the general community, usually at cheaper than op-shop prices.
Guidelines for your annual, free Hard Waste Collection Service
Your use of the hard waste collection service will be recorded electronically at the time of making your booking. Collections are made on set days of the week according to suburb; simply call Council on 9747 7200 once you've decided which week you'd like a collection service to take place. We will book you in for the next available service, using your full rates entitlements for the current financial year.
Collection are most in demand in September, December-January and in the lead-up to public holidays each year. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these busy times.
Guidelines for your two free visits to the Melton Recycling Facility
* Residents are permitted one free visit with a double axle trailer, van or ute OR two free visits with a single axle trailer or a car boot. Trailers can only be filled to the same level as the side of the trailer ("water level").
- Bring any current rates notice for your property to show at the MRF gate house. Vouchers imprinted on your rates notice expire 30 June each year. If you have not yet received the incoming financial year's rates notice, you may be able to use your outgoing year's notice to prove residency.
- Check this map of the Melton Recycling Facility transfer station to load up your car or trailer. Packing according to the transfer station layout is the easiest and quickest way to unload recyclable materials such as metals, whitegoods, green waste and mattresses.
- Please note that one rates voucher enables you to drop off one mattress; a mattress and base requires both vouchers.
Tenants are also welcome to use the Melton Hard Waste Collection Service. Simply contact or visit one of the City's customer service points at our Civic Centre, or Melton or Caroline Springs libraries to provide your proof of residency. This can be a copy of your rental agreement, a recent utility bill or similar current documents. Once this has been processed by Council, a Waste Services team member will contact you to arrange collection.
What can I put out for my hard waste collection?
Items that can and cannot be collected
What are the fees for additional visits?
Transfer station gatehouse fees