If you need emergency or crisis housing contact your nearest entry point on 1800 825 955.
Assistance with housing
To get help with housing, contact SASHS (Salvation Army Social Housing Services) for a referral to one of the programs below.
To make an appointment at SASHS, contact the Council's Housing Services on 9747 7200, or SASHS Sunshine Office on 9312 5424 (Monday to Friday).
Council runs the Melton Shire Housing Services (MSHS) which helps people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. They try to help people stay in current housing, or help explore other options like:
- shared housing
- private rental
- community housing
- public housing.
They also help address problems that may have caused housing breakdowns and can make referrals to other support services if needed.
Council's Housing Services unit also provide support to a number of transitional properties, where tenants sign short-term lease while looking for appropriate accommodation.
Salvation Army Social Housing Service (SASHS) Network
SASHS is the primary access point to housing and homelessness services in the Melton area. The service offers Initial Assessment and Planning (with an IA&P worker) which includes:
- housing related information
- access to emergency accommodation
- assistance with public housing
- in some instances financial assistance with rent in advance or rent arrears (Based on Assessment)
- referrals to a range of support services.
Melbourne City Mission (MCM)
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) delivers two programs in Melton:
- Family Crisis Accommodation Services (FCAS) - short-term support and accommodation to families experiencing housing crisis
- Adult & Family Housing Services (AFHS) - similar to Melton Shire Housing Service, AFHS provides support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, which includes supporting a number of transitional properties.
Access to both these programs is via SASHS.
Hope Street provides case management support to young people 16 to 21 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and are looking to participate in employment, education or training and life skill activities.
To get a referral, call Vincent Care on 1800 618 468 or 9304 0100.