If you need emergency or crisis housing contact the Western Metro Homelessness Services Network on 1800 825 955 for 24 hours housing support.
Assistance with housing
Melton City Council Housing Services (MCCHS) is a housing assistance program delivered by the Melton City Council.
The service provides support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Clients are supported to maintain their current housing, or to explore other housing options including:
- Share Housing
- Private Rental
- Community Housing
- Public Housing.
Support is also provided to address issues that may have resulted in housing breakdowns. The provision of support includes:
- Case Management
- Outreach Support
- Provision of Information and Referrals.
The Private Rental Access Program is a housing assistance program that provides support and advocacy for clients to explore private rental housing with real estate agents and/or private landlords.
Clients are required to attend a Private Rental Session which provides information on:
- Completing rental application forms
- Collecting documents for application
- Office of Housing Debt checks
- Checks on previous rental history records
- Referrals to appropriate support services for assistance
- Informing clients on their rights and responsibilities, as tenants.
To access support from Housing Services, you will need to first see Salvation Army Social Housing and Support to complete an assessment and referral.
Salvation Army Social Housing and Support (SASHS) Network
Salvation Army Social Housing and Support (SASHS) is the primary access point to housing and homelessness services in the Melton and Brimbank areas. The service offers Initial Assessment and Planning which includes:
- Housing related information
- Access to emergency accommodation
- Assistance with public housing
- In some instances financial assistance with rent in advance or rent arrears
- Referrals to a range of support service.
SASHS is available at the Melton City Council, by appointment on Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. For an appointment, contact SASHS on 9312 5424.
Alternatively, a drop-in service is available at SASHS Sunshine office Monday to Friday, 6/147 Harvester Road, Sunshine VIC 3020.
Melbourne City Mission (MCM)
Melbourne City Mission (MCM) delivers two programs in Melton:
- Family Crisis Accommodation Services (FCAS) - short-term support and accommodation to families experiencing housing crisis
- Adult & Family Housing Services (AFHS) - similar to Melton City Council Housing Services, AFHS provides support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Access to Melbourne City Mission is via Salvation Army Social Housing and Support.
The Hope Street in Melton Program provides residential accommodation to young people and young families with intensive one-to-one assistance to be active participants in creating opportunities to strengthen their housing, employment, education, training and personal and social development. Support is provided within a model of eight units for young singles and two units for young families. The Program:
- is an intensive outreach support service offering an integrated case management to young people with links to the City of Melton
- proactively assists young people to develop resilience through effective integration and interdependence with their local communities
- is not a crisis support or crisis accommodation program.
Access to Hope Street is via Salvation Army Social Housing and Support.