Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities Advisory Committe (CALDAC)
The Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Communities Advisory Committee (CALDAC) works together with communities to support the Melton City Council to be inclusive of all people, acknowledging the contribution of CALD communities within the municipality.
If you want to provide feedback, comments or are seeking information in relation to CALD issues you can contact the committee on Cald@melton.vic.gov.au
Primarily their focus is on:
- working together on common issues
- presenting the view of the community
- advising the Council on policy matters related to CALD issues
- encouraging participation amongst CALD members
- valuing the contribution that cultural diversity offers to our community
- all CALD community representatives of the City of Melton are welcome to nominate to join CALDAC
- current members consist of Melton City Councillors, Council Officers and representatives from the following community and service provider agencies: Melbourne Chinese Cultural Association, Filipino Friendship Group of Melton, South Indian Utsav Malayalee Samaj, Sudanese Yirol Community Association, Filipino Friendship of Melton, 979 FM 3 RIM Inc. and North West Migrant Resource Centre (MRC).
Meetings of the CALDAC will be held at an agreed time to suit the majority of members. There will be a minimum of four meetings per year.
For more information about this Committee and how to express your interest to join, please contact Melton City Council’s Intercultural Development Officer on 9747 7200.
CALDAC Terms of Reference
CALDAC Nomination Form 2013
Translated Council information
Council's ‘Your questions answered’ brochure can be found in the following languages:
Language Services Policy
To contact Council in your own language through the TIS (Translating and Interpreting Service) phone 131 450.
Non-English speakers who telephone TIS National should tell the operator the language they speak, as well as the name and phone number of who they wish to contact at Melton City Council or Customer Services.