Intercultural Advisory Committee
The Intercultural Advisory Committee (IAC) works together with communities to support the Melton City Council to be inclusive of all people, acknowledging the contribution of people and communities from diverse backgrounds, within the municipality. Primarily their focus is on:
- working together on common goals
- presenting the view of the community
- advising the Council on policy matters related to people and communities from diverse backgrounds
- encouraging people and communities from diverse backgrounds to participate in community matters affecting their lives
- valuing the contribution that cultural diversity offers to our community
If you want to provide feedback, comments or seek information on matters related to diverse communities, please email email@example.com or call our Intercultural Development Officer on 9747 7200.
Expression of Interest
Melton City Council is calling for community representatives to fill 15 vacant positions on its Intercultural Advisory Committee (IAC).
- 13 vacant Local Intercultural Community Representatives
- 2 vacant Community Service Organisation Representatives
To be eligible as a Local Intercultural Community Representative, you must:
- Live, work, study or play in the City of Melton
To be eligible as a Community Organisation Representative, you must be:
- A Community Organisation with significant interaction with, and/or service provision to, diverse communities
- Operating within the City of Melton
All applicants must be willing to commit to the following requirements of the IAC members:
- Prepare for and actively participate in a minimum of four the IAC meetings per year.
- Keep informed of current developments, issues and concerns in the local community.
- Treat information with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Act in a courteous manner, respecting others views and opinions.
- Declare conflicts of interests in accordance with the IAC Terms of Reference.
Expressions of Interest must be received by Friday 20 April 2018.
Contact our Intercultural Development Officer on (03) 9747 7206 if you would like to discuss your application or need assistance with filling the form.