Applications now open
Melton City Council is committed to assisting residents fulfil their potential and aspiring young athletes within the City can apply for the Lydia Lassila Youth Sports Scholarship once a year.
Lydia Lassila Youth Sports Scholarship Application Form 2013
Lydia Lassila Youth Sports Scholarship Guidelines 2013
The scholarship provides encouragement and support to a promising individual to progress their sporting career and cover costs such as attendance at event(s), travel, accommodation, training/coaching fees, equipment, etc. The maximum amount provided will be $1,500.
- ability to demonstrate dedication and determination to their chosen sport/activity
- achieving consistent, high level results at the current level of participation
- ability to demonstrate how the grant would assist with your progression to a higher level in your chosen sport/activity
- demonstrated level of support to fulfil sporting potential (letters of support)
What may be funded
- sporting equipment
- costs associated with representation at a national, state, regional event or tournament (i.e. travel, accommodation)
- specialist training /coaching
- entry fees
What cannot be funded
- team representation
- funding cannot be provided retrospectively (i.e. the participant has already competed in the event, tournament, etc)
- individuals not registered with a club or state sporting organisation
For more information, contact Council's Recreation Development Officer on 9747 7200.