Venture Melton is Melton City Council's new Investment Attraction Program, developed to highlight the advantages of doing business in the City of Melton.
City of Melton is well positioned to cater for growth into the future and offers attractive reasons to invest. As businesses continue to experience the squeeze, they are starting to look to the outer suburbs including the City of Melton which is increasingly becoming more accessible.
Click here to download the Venture Melton Business Investment Prospectus
- Availability of industrial land (over 900Ha available now and almost 2,000Ha of future industrial land)
- Affordable industrial land (between 12%-45% savings with other parts of Melbourne)
- Affordable commercial office space
- Access to transport infrastructure (Port of Melbourne and Melbourne International Airport are within 30-40 minutes of Melton)
- Local supply chains and workforce (existing strengths in manufacturing and logistics with current networks and potential local labour pool)
- Competitive advantages in primary and secondary education as well as construction services and residential building construction
- Proximity to agricultural production regions
- Significant population growth (Melton is one of the seven Metropolitan Melbourne growth areas)
- Large local labour force which is fast becoming more qualified and skilled
- Large areas of land identified for employment
- Growing Town Centres offering opportunities for additional services
- Significant future infrastructure investment
- Western Business Accelerator and Centre of Excellence a significant regional asset for economic development
- Connectivity for businesses through the National Broadband Network
- Effective strategic planning for land use and future industry considerations
- Western region will accommodate more than 40% of metropolitan growth over the next 40 years
- West has outperformed Melbourne as a whole in the creation of small firms
The City of Melton is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Australia, offering the best in urban and rural lifestyles and affordable land within a comfortable commuting distance from Melbourne, and links to Melbourne’s key freeways, airports and the Port of Melbourne. The City of Melton embraces a series of townships and communities including Caroline Springs (19 kilometres west of Melbourne's CBD) and Melton (35 kilometres west of Melbourne's CBD). The population growth rate of the City is the 2nd fastest of all Victorian local government areas, with a large proportion (over 70%) of residents under 45 years of age.
If you would like to learn more about employment and economic trends within the municipality visit economicprofile.com.au/melton
Keeping up to date
Stay informed of local business news and events through the Economic Development & Advocacy Departments social media channels or subscribe to our monthly Venture Melton Business E-Newsletter by following this link subscribe here.
Your Venture Starts Here
If your business is looking to invest in the City of Melton or significantly expand your current operations, the Economic Development & Advocacy Department can assist you through the process. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9747 7200.