Heavy vehicles

An owner or occupier of a property located in a residential area must first obtain a permit for any vehicle with a gross vehicle mass over 4.5 tonnes if parked, kept, stored or repaired on their property.

The heavy vehicle must be entirely stored on private property and not obstruct any part of Council Land this includes a footpath, nature strip and or vehicle cross over.

Council may or may not issue a permit with or without conditions and can also cancel a permit at anytime.  A permit is valid for 12 months upon being issued and is non-transferable.

Please complete the heavy vehicle parking permit application form(DOC, 241KB)  together with the application fee and include a sketch showing where the vehicle will be stored on the property. 

As part of the application process all adjoining neighbours may be notified and invited to comment on applications.

Melton City Council Officers will enforce the Local Law and if any breaches are observed penalties will apply.