The much anticipated Melton Library and Learning Hub is now open at 31 McKenzie St. Melton
- The building houses the library’s collection
- lifelong learning and community activities occur in flexible spaces which cater for large and small groups
- the hub hosts children’s programs and Maternal and Child Health services
- clubs and community groups can use the space or people can just enjoy a coffee at the kiosk.
There's a seminar room, space for family and local history research, study and discussion areas as well as multimedia and computer-based learning areas.
The Library and Learning Hub has:
- the latest in wireless connectivity
- self-service library equipment
- computer training rooms
- a 5 star green star environmental rating so you can study, play or meet in year round comfort.
- $4 million allocated through the second round of the Federal Government’s Regional Development Australia Fund (RDAF)
- $1.5 million from the State Government under the Living Libraries Infrastructure Fund and the Community Support fund
- $85,000 from Western Water under the Grant for Water Sustainable Urban Design program