121 Calder Park Drive
The new youth space provides a central location for young people to meet and connect with others and also provides youth specific resources and services in the Eastern Growth corridor of our municipality.
The state-of-the-art facility features a multi-purpose recreational space with ovals for cricket, football and soccer, and includes sports lighting, an access for all abilities playground, change rooms and landscaping.
It provides a home base for Council’s Youth Services provision in the area, with space for self development groups, young men’s and women’s programs, life skills programs, assertiveness courses and a base for larger scale events.
The facility also hosts a range of community programs, including adult education, languages other than English, parenting seminars and a space where the local community can meet and socialise. The centre will also provide a base for a new Neighbourhood House program.
The Taylors Hill Youth and Community Centre and Reserve is available for use by community groups wishing to seek a space for the running of events or meetings.
The Taylors Hill Youth and Community Centre is located at the corner of Calder Park Drive and Omarama Way, Taylors Hill.
What’s on at Taylors Hill Youth and Community Facility?
Youth Services programs and services at the Taylors Hill Youth and Community Facility can now be accessed between 8.30am-5.00pm Monday to Wednesday and 8.30am-7.00pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
Programs and special services will also operate from the centre at scheduled times on selected weekends.
Youth programs and services available at Taylors Hill:
- intake, referral and assessments
- drop-in internet cafe: a drop-in internet cafe program will be offered two nights per week from 3.00pm to 7.00pm
- hip hop group
- teenage holiday program
- Ignite Productionz
- skate program
- school outreach
- reconnect case management and group programs/information seminars
- 6801 Outreach.
- mentoring: the Youth Mentoring Program worker will be located at Taylors Hill part of the week
- band room – open for bookings across the week
- Council’s Family Services team will provide access to the emergency financial relief through the duty system from Taylors Hill.
The Recreation Reserves have been done up and will be ready for social use at the end of October, with formal sport set to commence in time for the summer season.
The Reserves also house an Access for All playground and Community Youth Activity Node (CYAN).
Why not try out one of the exciting Neighbourhood House program that will operate from the new Taylors Hill Youth and Community Centre.
Download our latest newsletter or contact the centre directly on 9747 5422.
Join our mailing list!
Programs are accessible to people of all abilities, backgrounds, and ages and will help you:
- meet, talk and make friends
- develop new skills
- engage in lifelong learning and further study
- be involved in community events
- find out about other local services and activities
- join a class or support group
- take an activity for fun and enjoyment
- access community and personal support services, and much more!
It is important that the new Neighbourhood House program in Taylors Hill reflects the needs and interest of the local community. If you would like to know more or to share your ideas, please contact Council's Neighbourhood House Program Coordinator on 9747 7200.