Community Care Volunteers
Volunteers play an integral role in the delivery of services for the aged, carers and people with a disability. A variety of opportunities are available through our Community Care programs:
Volunteer Transport Program
Transporting eligible residents to medical appointments both locally, and within the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
SOCIAL SUPPORT PROGRAM
Supporting a range of group activities for adults and frail older adults including crafts, games, chair based exercises, social activities and outings.
Leading or supporting activities that create a safe and socially inclusive community for people to age well in, including walking groups, gentle exercise sessions or conducting tours of Community Care facilities.
Including assisting with serving lunch to participants at the Centre Based Meals Program and prepare food packs for Meals on Wheels.
We support our volunteers by:
- offering in house quality training to meet your needs
- ensuring staff are always on hand
- matching the right people to the right role
- assisting new volunteers with a volunteer buddy
- providing the support and guidance you need to ensure a great volunteering experience.
For more information, contact Council's Community Care Volunteer Development Officer on 9747 7200 or email@example.com.