Council adopts 2012/2013 Budget
27 July 2012
Melton Shire Council has adopted its 2012/2013 budget which will see a significant investment across the municipality.
With the budget Council will continue to provide core services and infrastructure delivery throughout the Shire, meet the challenges of rapid growth, and cater to the needs of our diverse community.
Members of the public were given the chance to make submissions, which Council took into consideration. Some of the variations to the budget include:
- $100,000 for lights at the Taylors Hill Youth and Community Centre skate park
- $60,000 for storage facilities at MacPherson Park equestrian grounds for the Melton and District Riding for the Disabled Association of Victoria
- $48,000 investment at Diggers Rest Recreation Reserve to go towards an epoxy floor in the change rooms and a veranda outside the community hall
Council will continue its strong investment into key infrastructure and services, with over $46 million allocated for capital works across the Shire including:
- Completion of Melton Library and Learning Hub - $15,400,000
- Botanica Springs Children’s and Community Centre - $ 3,000,000
- Atherstone Recreation Reserve Active Open Space - $ 2,910,000
- Westwood Drive Bridge construction program - $ 2,840,000
- Completion of road duplication Gourlay Road - $2,300,000
- Arnolds Creek Recreation Reserve - $1,515,000
Other initiatives include Melton Waves refurbishment, pavilion extension at Brookside Recreation Reserve, drainage improvement on Minns Road, resurfacing of roads, traffic control works, playground upgrades and new public lighting.
The 2012/2013 budget includes a 4.5% increase in total Rates and Charges income, which is one of the lowest increases in the metropolitan region.
For more information contact Council's Finance unit on 9747 7200.
Rate this Page