Council strives to make our website accessible to many people with different needs and preferences, and we are making ongoing efforts to improve.
- with questions or comments
- if you need alternative forms of information
Web Publications Officer
Melton City Council is NRS Friendly
If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call Council through the National Relay Service (NRS):
- TTY users can phone 133677 then ask for 03 9747 7200
- Speak & Listen (speech-to-speech) users can phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 03 9747 7200
- Internet relay users can connect to NRS at www.relayservice.com.au then ask for 03 9747 7200.
Here are some areas in which we try to follow accessibility guidelines for this website. Please let us know if you find pages that need improvement.
Here are the steps to increase the font size depending on which browser you are using.
A hidden link for those using screen reader technology is in the code at the beginning of each page to provide easy access to the main content of the page for people using assistive technology. Navigation is consistent across all pages on Council’s website.
We try to use straightforward, short sentences and easy to understand words on this website.
All images have concise “alt text” information and represented the information on the page.
Forms and fields
Forms are designed with accessibility in mind and should be easy to tab through. Form labels clearly identify the form fields.
Link text identifies where the links take you. Almost all of the links are text-based.