Westwood Drive Road and Bridge Construction
- Project value$9.1m
- Contractor nameDecmil Southern
The construction of Westwood drive began in January 2018. The opening is expected to be in early 2019.
The completion of Westwood Drive Road and Bridge between Tenterfield Drive and Fydler Avenue, is a critical road link in the Eastern Corridor, and will take significant pressure off Caroline Springs Boulevard and Gourlay Road.
Key features of this project will include:
- 950m of new road (Tenterfield Drive to the bridge, then the bridge to Fydler Ave)
- Bridge over the Kororoit Creek
- 3m wide Shared User Path running on the eastern side of the road
- Connection of existing footpaths on the western side of the road
- Noise walls next to existing houses on the new section of road.
Work completed so far:
April 2016 - January 2018 - Approval process with VicRoads and the Department of Environment, Land, Planning and Water.
April 2017 – Westwood Drive noise wall design consultation
August 2017 - Archeologists carried out salvaging works and investigations required under the approved Cultural Heritage Management Plan.
August 2017 - Councillors approved the preferred construction contractor and passed a motion that allowed officers to award the contract upon approval from the Minister for Planning.
November 2017 - Council received the approvals from the Minister for Planning that allowed the award of the construction contract.
January 2018 – Zoologists carried out pre-construction spotlighting checks for the Growling Grass Frog and Striped Legless Lizards
January 2018 – Construction contractors begin work.