Caroline Springs leisure centre extension & regional tennis facility
- Project value$11.18M
- Contractor name2Construct P/L
Upgrades to the Caroline Springs Leisure Centre and the construction of a sub-regional tennis facility began on 22 September to create a state-of-the-art sporting precinct. This is a joint partnership with the State Government to assist Council in delivering on much needed sporting infrastructure to meet the needs of a growing community and encourage greater participation in active sports endeavours.
The project will see the Leisure Centre increased by the addition of two indoor basketball/netball courts, toilet amenities, change rooms, store rooms, community room, commercial kitchen and coaching offices.
The Tennis Facility will see the construction of twelve tennis courts which will be available for public and club use. Access to the tennis courts will be via Tennis Australia’s recently developed Book-A-Court system. In addition to the above an external competition sized netball court will be constructed.
- 2 additional internal basketball/netball/futsal courts
- 1 competition sized external netball court
- 12 hardcourt tennis courts with night time lighting including one show court area.
- 3 Hotshots tennis courts for juniors wishing to learn
- 3 external basketball hoops with casual use space
- 4 new change rooms
- Commercial kitchen with external servery to service tennis court precinct
- Large community function room
- Administration offices
- Offices for coaching personnel
- Store rooms with internal cages for different sports clubs
- First Aid room
- 99kw solar array on the rooftop
The project is expected to be completed by December 2018.
Watch the fly through
This video does not contain any audio.
9 The Parade, Caroline Springs 3037 View Map